Our Indian Odyssey

An electronic journal of our trip to India.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Us in the paper and some Cricket


With all of the press at the Polo match, we managed to sneak into one of the pictures posted in the paper today (top left, click on the pic for the full view).

On a more practical note, work has been going well for me. I've gotten a better feel for the circumstances and the people here. There is a lot of room for improvement and my ideas are being well received. Its neat to be able to effect things on a macro scale, a fresh change of pace.

We might be going to Jaipur on Saturday, as we might get a free voucher for a driver. But we'll see, as it would be nice to have a relaxing weekend before heading to Rajasthan (Jaisalmer and Jodhpur). We've become Cricket followers, to some extent, since both the Indian and the British National teams are staying at our hotel and have been hanging around here and there. The wives' club got some waves from the Indian players at the pool yesterday. We're starting to understand it better, and I'd really like to play sometime. I'll let you know if that happens. India and England are playing each other in Delhi today... at the moment (1:50 pm my time) the score is India 203, England 23/2 with 43.5 overs remaining. This means nothing to you I'm sure if you don't know about Cricket rules, which I didn't either until yesterday. Check the link for a more-or-less brief overview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home